- Visit Homer
- Living in Homer
- The Chamber
- Visitor's Guide
Homer, Alaska is by far the #1 Alaskan port for all your boating needs. Located on Kachemak Bay near the mouth of Cook Inlet, Homer offers a protected harbor with easy access to Cook Inlet and the Gulf of Alaska. With the following advantages offered to you in Homer, you can't afford not to do your boat work here:
- Mild climate with very little rain and wind provides many good work days for boat projects.
- Two marine grids at the harbor allow vessels large and small to get their work below the waterline done.
- Numerous daily flights by two carriers provide excellent scheduled passenger and freight service to and from Homer.
- Regularly scheduled surface transportation delivers freight large and small in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Modern fish dock with 8 public access cranes. Fish dock and public ice facilities provide competitive environment for the best fish prices.
- Full-service community (hotels, stores, doctors, hospital and more) open year-round.
- Ice-free, protected harbor.
- Over 100 marine trades and service providers at your service.
- Fish buyers and processors are conveniently located at the harbor.
- Easy access to many of the state's premier commercial and sportfishing grounds.
- Superior haul-out and storage options.
- Transient boat parking in the harbor.
- Two fuel docks conveniently located in the harbor.
For more information please visit www.homermarinetrades.com