Coasting through Winter
You are invited to participate in the annual Parade as a business, civic, non-profit organization or association or as individuals of all ages. Registration is free of charge to participate. The Parade route is form Homer High School, down Pioneer Avenue to Woodside Avenue parking lot near the old Homer Middle School. There are prizes for the winning entries “Homer Bucks” to shop locally and spend the prize money at local Homer Businesses. The judging categories and prize “Homer Bucks” include:
All participants will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Use of the theme.
2. Effort put into the float or display.
3. A two minutes presentation before the Parade Grandstand located at Bay Realty.
1. Parade applications can be completed below. The deadline is Friday, February 1st
2. Please have your registration in by Friday, February 1st, so Chamber Staff can determine the Parade line-up and type up your entry narrative for the Master of Ceremonies to read when you showcase your entry in front of Bay Realty.
3. Guidelines include: no open bed truck floats with kids on them and no firearms (real or toys) on the floats. If you intend to hand out candy or other items, please don’t throw it from the float but have someone walking alongside and hand it it out. This is to prevent children from running into the street.
4. Be at Homer High School Parking lot by 11:00 am on Saturday February 9th to check in and line up. Parade will go down Pioneer Avenue and ends at the parking lot behind the old Homer Middle School on Woodside Avenue. Pick up parade participants at the end of the Parade in this parking lot.
5. The intent of the Winter Carnival Parade is family oriented and not a platform for political opinions or personal viewpoints. Such entries and narratives will be disqualified. The Chamber reserves the right to accept or not any parade application.
6. Please call Jan Knutson, Chamber Visitor Center and Community Events Manager for more information or with yours questions 907-235-7740. Thank you for participating in the Winter Carnival Parade!