You are invited to participate in the annual Parade as a business, civic, non-profit organization or association or as individuals of all ages. Registration is free of charge to participate. The Parade route is form Homer High School, down Pioneer Avenue to Woodside Avenue parking lot near the old Homer Middle School. There are prizes for the winning entries “Homer Bucks” to shop locally and spend the prize money at local Homer Businesses. The judging categories and prize “Homer Bucks” include:
Antique Cars, Trucks & Machinery - $50
Best Use of Theme - $75
Animals & Birds - $50
Best Children’s Group - $75
Bikes, Trikes & Motorcycles - $50
Best of Show-$75
Performing Arts & Music - $50
Judge’s Favorite -$75
All participants will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Use of the theme.
2. Effort put into the float or display.
3. A two minutes presentation before the Parade Grandstand located at Bay Realty.
1. Parade applications can be completed at www.homeralaska.org/winter-carnival
2. Or, pick up a copy at the Chamber offices and submit your form on or before Monday, February 5 to the Chamber offices at 201 Sterling Highway by US Mail or hand delivery. You may also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX it to 907-235-8766. If you FAX it, please call us at 235-7740 and let us know.
3. Please have your registration in by Monday, February 5, so Chamber Staff can determine the Parade line-up and type up your entry narrative for the Master of Ceremonies to read when you showcase your entry in front of Bay Realty.
4. Guidelines include: no open bed truck floats with kids on them and no fire arms – real or toy on the floats. If you intend to hand out candy or other items, please don’t throw it from the float but have someone walking alongside and hand it it out. This is to prevent children from running into the street.
5. Be at Homer High School Parking lot by 11:00 am ON Saturday February 10 to check in and line up. Parade will go down Pioneer Avenue and ends at the parking lot behind the old Homer Middle School on Woodside Avenue. Pick up parade participants at the end of the Parade in this parking lot.
6. The intent of the Winter Carnival Parade is family oriented and not a platform for political opinions or personal viewpoints. Such entries and narratives will be disqualified. The Chamber reserves the right to accept or not any parade application.
7. Please call Jan Knutson, Chamber Visitor Center and Community Events Manager for more information or with yours questions 907-235-7740. Thank you for participating in the Winter Carnival Parade!