- Visit Homer
- The Chamber
- Visitor's Guide
Kachemak Bay Shorebird Festival
Welcome to the 2014 Kachemak Bay Shorebird Festival website!
Dates for the Festival are Thursday, May 8 through Sunday, May 11, 2014, with a pre-festival Junior Birder event on Wednesday, May 7.
To attend the 2014 event, participants pay the initial $19.50 Festival Fee that will give them access to their registration profile and can sign up for events, then return to register for more or cancel an event. The option to add family members at $5 each is also available during event signup. A one-time ticketing surcharge of $4.50 is included in the Festival Fee.
We can give you a preview of some of the events planned for this year's Festival:
- Author Noah Strycker will lead the "Birding Hot Spots" tour;
- BT3 spotting scope cleaning and evaluation;
- Noah's Sunday talk will feature his book "Among Penguins";
- Art opening with Amanda Brannon at the Sourdough Cafe;
- New "Bird Nerd" line of clothing;
- New this year - a Rubber Ducky Scavenger Hunt with fabulous prizes. Check your Shorebird Registration packet for more information.
- Other local events include: Shorebird Showdown Disc Golf Tournament, Singer/Songwriter Ruth Foster in performance, and more...
A full schedule is now available.
This is my first year coordinating the Kachemak Bay Shorebird Festival and I’m looking forward to meeting all you birders!
Robbi Mixon / Shorebird Festival Coordinator
We Thank our Generous Sponsors